The Benefits Of A Humidifier
In addition to the obvious benefit of permanently preventing dry air inside your home, whole house humidifiers have several additional benefits, including:
- Sleeping in an environment with a healthy humidity level considerably helps prevent sinus issues and dry skin.
- Controlling a home’s relative humidity properly will help the indoor air feel warmer. You’ll be able to lower your thermostat and save money without feeling the heat difference.
- Proper humidity control substantially reduces static shock and the dangers accompanying it.
- Whole house humidifiers require much less maintenance than smaller humidifier units.
- A home humidifier will help keep you healthier, save money, and create a more comfortable living environment.
How Do Whole House Humidifiers Work?
Whole house humidifiers are installed directly into the ductwork next to your furnace. They use heated air coming from the furnace to evaporate water. Then, fans in your HVAC blow the drier air across the evaporated water and then distributes the newly humid air throughout your home. As long as the whole house humidifier operates, it will continue to add water to the air circulating through your home and prevent dryness.
The best whole house humidifier for Colorado homes will automatically adjust to a specially programmed moisture level appropriate for the Denver-Boulder area (or wherever you live). You have a wide variety of brands and sizes to choose from depending on your home’s needs. A technician who can install a whole house humidifier will help you select the right option for your home.